In the noisy world of Canadian apparel retail, how does the consumer decide where and how to shop? With approximately 15 choices in an average mall for womens clothing, and 8 choices for men...oh and then there are power centres....oh and then there is on line....oh and now we have grocery stores selling clothing.
What if the average Canadian mom just needs some good summer T-shirts for herself and her family? It is a frustrating experience to say the least. Don't even bother trying to use fliers to help decide where to go, with 20 something models with 2% body fat, primped and pinned. You have to see them, you have to try them on, how does one know if the colour will stay or if these T-shirts will shrink. The answer is....you never really know until you look, buy and try. Do you have 3 hours to navigate the retail scene? How do I make sure that I get the right colour of the season, and the right neckline? Don't want to stand out, but don't want to look like an idiot.
Decisions...decisions....decisions.
Retailers aren't making it easy, it is mostly a bunch of stuff on sale.
I applaud Joe Fresh, at your local Loblaws or Superstore. They made it easy. Fun summer must have items in decent quality for the whole family, and you can't complain about the inconvenience of it all as you need to buy milk....don't ya?
Really, $8 T-shirts in 15+ colours...doesn't get better than that.
Happy Shopping!
I love Reitmans, especially for their jeans. They fit real women. They don't ship to Germany though so I'm trying to figure out how to get my hands on a new pair.
ReplyDelete